- Provide on-going information, advice and guidance for an identified caseload of learners.
- Deliver Education Induction to new learners, including supporting leaners through relevant assessments.
- Meet with learners on an individual basis to review their Learning and Skills Plan at the end of each reporting term. To be responsible for the completion of each young person’s Individual Learning Plan coordinating progress with teaching and support staff. To lead on the education review process by setting SMART targets, to ensure plans remain relevant and focussed on achievement and resettlement.
- Support the monitoring of attendance, access to education working in collaboration with teaching staff, specialist SEN support team and custodial staff.
- Support learner access to education on Outreach.
- Work with learners on a 1:1 or group settings to develop their skills and help them overcome barriers to their learning and progress.
- Ensure students have appropriate IAG to facilitate progression and employability.
- Support the development of personal and social skills to maximise work readiness and employability e.g. CV writing, interview techniques, communication skills, job applications.
- Implement measures supporting learners to stay on course and take appropriate action where required.
- Work closely and liaise with internal stakeholders and the SEN & Inclusion Development Lead, in developing education support and opportunities in conjunction for individual young people, to enable a holistic approach relevant to the young people.
- Ensure adherence to the company’s equalities and diversity policy.
- Other duties commensurate with the level and nature of the post.
- NVQ Level 4 Information, Advice and Guidance as a minimum
- Experience of working with young people and adults with varying levels of abilities in an educational setting
- Experience of working with disaffected young people in an educational or secure environment
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective relationships with children and young people with a wide range of additional needs
- Experience of working or liaising with a range of support agencies.
- Evidence of understanding the Youth Justice System
- Ability to prioritise tasks and workloads in order to meet deadlines and achieve targets
- Open minded and positive attitude, with the ability to co-ordinate, enthuse and motivate
“Prospects is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and eliminating discrimination, as a core value. We are determined that the principles of equality and diversity will underpin all our activities. We welcome applications from every section of the community, particularly from people with disabilities who are underrepresented in the Company.”
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us, we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA.